You have decided that you would like to have an inground swimming pool installed in your yard or garden and the whole family is excited about the prospect of being able to use it throughout the summer. To make sure that nobody is disappointed, follow the 7 steps below to guarantee perfect results. While you may get lucky, it is always a good idea to plan every detail of a new pool installation so that there are no unpleasant surprises along the way.
Inground Pools: What You Need to Do Before the Installation Begins
A large project such as the installation of a new swimming pool is a major undertaking for any homeowner and without adequate planning, there are numerous things that could go wrong. However, by following the steps below, you can make sure that your new pool is a great success.
- Choosing a Reputable Contractor – The very first thing you need to do, perhaps even before you decide on the type of pool you would like, is to find a local pool contractor with an excellent track record and a reputation that is second to none. Choosing a contractor to build or install your new pool really is the most important task you will face: get this right and everything else will fall into place. Toronto is home to many companies that specialize in the installation of inground pools so there is no reason for you to hire a team that are incapable of doing a good job.
- Deciding on a Type of Pool – Once you have an experienced contractor to consult, you can choose what type of pool you are going to have. The most common types are fiberglass, concrete, and vinyl liner pools. Which is most suitable for your needs will depend on a number of factors.
- Your Pool Design – Do you want a standard rectangle, a free shape pool, or one that follow a particular geometric pattern? This step should actually be considered at the same time as the one above, because certain pool types are only available in certain shapes and sizes.
- The Location – it is very important to choose the right spot for your new swimming pool. While good quality inground pools can look good in any location, you need to make sure you choose somewhere that is convenient for your family and preferably somewhere that gets plenty of sun too.
- The Surrounding Area – Some thought will need to be put into the landscaping around the area where your pool is to be installed if you want to make sure that it looks perfect once it is finished. Hiring a landscaping contractor in Toronto who can also handle this side of things could make your life much easier in this respect. Inground pools look much better when they are an integral part of the landscape.
- Safety – Homeowners who are also parents will be especially concerned with this factor but everybody who has a pool in their back yard should consider how to make it safe. At a minimum, you will need to have a fence installed around your swimming pool, to make sure that nobody can wander into your back yard and accidentally fall into the water.
- The Deck or Patio – You will want to make sure that whatever type of deck or patio you have around your pool, it is big enough to accommodate the entire family in comfort and made of a material that is pleasant to walk on barefoot.
For more tips on inground pools for Toronto properties, call the team at Seabreeze whenever you have a few minutes to spare.