Homeowners in Toronto who are considering having a swimming pool installed in their back yard have three main options from which to choose: vinyl liner, concrete, and fiberglass. Each of these options has advantages and disadvantages but one of them is more economical than the other two. Fiberglass swimming pools have a number of key qualities that make them the best choice for those who would like an attractive, well-built pool but do not wish to spend a fortune for the privilege.
Why Fiberglass Pools Make the Most Sense Financially
It is important to make one thing clear from the start: the financial benefits of owning a fiberglass rather than a concrete or vinyl liner pool are compelling but they are far from the only reason to choose this type of pool. However, it is these benefits on which we are going to focus in this article.
- Built-In Features – If you choose to have a concrete pool constructed in your back yard, you will have to pay extra for features such as steps and seats. With fiberglass pools, these features can be integrated into the mould so there is no need to pay for them to be added afterwards.
- Fast Installation – The cost of labour for the excavation and building of a concrete pool is much higher than for a fiberglass installation of the same size. While a vinyl liner pool will be similarly inexpensive to install, there are other reasons that they are not the best choice financially, as we shall see in a moment. Because the fiberglass mould is made offsite, there is also much less disruption to your home life, which can help to save you money.
- Low Maintenance – Whereas vinyl liners need replacing periodically and concrete pools must be coated with algae retardant to keep them in good condition, fiberglass pools require very little in the way of maintenance. This means that throughout the lifetime of your new pool, you will end up spending far less on pool technicians, repairs, and cleaning materials.
- Added Value – While it would never be wise to assume that you will be able to recoup the full amount of your investment in a new swimming pool, should you happen to sell your home in the future, the fact that a fiberglass installation will still look fantastic in a few years time will definitely give you the potential to make back more of the money you spent than the alternatives would.
- Entertainment for Your Children – Parents in Toronto will find that a new pool helps them to save money on summer trips with the kids because they can have great fun staying at home when the weather really heats up. Fiberglass pools have a very smooth, non-abrasive surface, which makes them perfect for homeowners with children. Instead of battling the traffic to take your children to a local water park, you can save money and relax at home instead.
- No Design Fees – Because there is a wide choice of shapes and sizes on the market, you do not have to pay a pool designer to come up with something especially for you. You can spend as much time as you want looking at all the available options and simply choose the one that fits in best with the layout and dimensions of your back yard.
To find out more about the advantages of fiberglass pools or to request a free estimate for the installation of one in your back yard, feel free to call at any time or pop in to see us when you are in the area.