Today’s fibreglass pools are pushing the envelope of design, function and affordability all to the benefit of homeowners everywhere. Whereas just a few years ago one of the major benefits gunite enjoyed over fibreglass was its design flexibility the new generation of fibreglass inground pools has closed that gap significantly and in the process made the job of gunite pool salesmen increasingly difficult.
Where are Fibreglass Pools Heading in 2016?
It can be nearly impossible to predict the future but based on conversations with clients and discussions with others in the pool industry we’re going to go out on a limb and declare these will be among the hottest trends in fibreglass pools for the year 2016.
- Rectangular – This may seem an easy call but keep in mind that in recent years nearly ¾ of all inground pools have been irregular in shape. So what will send folks back to the humble rectangle? Lot sizes. As in real estate lots. In recent years these have become smaller. As a result we’ve begun to see a return to the rectangular pool of old. It seems homeowners have discovered that the rectangle allows them to fit more pool into a smaller space, so expect to see the rectangle revival pick up steam in 2016.
- Vanishing edge pools – A cousin of the popular “infinity” pool the perimeter overflow or knife-edge fibreglass pool will bring the luxury of the Hollywood Hills to a home near you in 2016. Whereas the infinity pool has one side below the water line to generate a sense of the water reaching to the horizon, with the perimeter overflow pool the entire perimeter is just below the waterline creating that horizon effect from every angle.
- Pools for health – A lot of parents whose kids have flown the coup have decided to trade in the ginormous pool they’d built when their kids were kids for something more practical. They’re increasingly after longer, narrower pools built for swimming laps. One of the advantages of a smaller rectangular lap pool is that you can easily install a retractable cover which makes it both safer when no one is around and easier to maintain.
- Pools plus – Another trend that’s poised to emerge in the coming year is the outdoor kitchen/pool combo. Many homeowners who have decided to install an outdoor kitchen have decided to add a pool to the project as well. Conversely, many who’ve decided to install an inground pool have decided that the pool area just wouldn’t be complete without an outdoor kitchen attached.
- Waterworks – Waterfalls, water courses and fountains are becoming sought after additions to many a fibreglass pool installation. They create an atmosphere of luxury and refinement around the pool area and work to break up what is often a hard and fast visual transition from pool to deck, thereby integrating the pool more effectively into the surrounding landscape. Fountains in particular may be the breakout feature of 2016.
Seabreeze pools have been designing and building leading edge fibreglass pools for the people of greater Toronto for over a decade. Our designers and sales associates make it their mission to not only master the latest trends but anticipate them as well. As such you’ll always know what’s hot in fibreglass pool design and what’s not. If you’re thinking about installing a pool in your yard call us on 416-238-9703 or make an appointment to come in and browse our showroom with one of our swimming pool specialists. We’ll answer all your questions and help you decide if one of our beautiful, affordable fibreglass pools is right for your Toronto home.