There are many pool contractors in Toronto and the surrounding area. Some of them are reputable firms with an excellent track record whereas others are not so reliable. What you need to do, if you are planning to have a pool built in your back yard, is to sort the wheat from the chaff: establish which firms can be trusted to do a first-class job at a reasonable price and which are best avoided. In this article, we are going to tell you exactly how you can weed out the less desirable candidates and put together a shortlist of companies that should be a pleasure to do business with.
Pool Builders You Can Trust: Questions to Ask Before Making Your Shortlist
Ask these questions when talking to contractors in the area and if you receive a positive answer to all of them from any particular firm, put them straight on your list of contractors to investigate further.
- Can I See Some Examples of Pools You Have Completed? – This may not be the easiest thing to arrange, owing to the fact that most people are not that keen on allowing an endless stream of visitors into their homes but well-established pool builders should be able to show you a couple of examples of their work in the Toronto area.
- Will You Guarantee the Quality of Your Workmanship? – Any company that you hire to build a new pool in your back yard should be willing to guarantee the quality of the work they perform. In the event that any defects are found once the installation has been completed, they should be willing to correct these defects at no cost to you.
- Can You Provide Me with a Comprehensive and Accurate Quotation? – A new pool is not a small investment so you should make sure that you have full details of the costs for all materials and labour before agreeing to hire a particular team of pool builders. One of the reasons you should establish the unit cost of materials to be used in the construction of your pool is to make sure that you are not overcharged in the event you need larger quantities of certain items than you originally thought. You may, for example, decide to extend the patio area around your pool after the work has begun.
- Do You Build Free Shape Pools? – While you may well decide to go with a prefabricated fiberglass pool after looking at all the possibilities, it is nice to know that the option to have a pool built to your personal specifications is there. Some homes have odd-shaped back yards in which standard pool designs will not readily fit and some homeowners simply want a unique design to enhance the aesthetic appeal of their yard and garden. Whatever your needs, pool builders that are capable of constructing free shape pools will be better placed to give you objective advice and guidance.
- Do You Have a Showroom? – Companies with a showroom will be able to do more than simply describe the type of pools they can build and show you photographs of past projects: they will be able to let you see evidence of their workmanship and expertise with your own eyes.
There are more questions that you should ask, such as whether they have liability insurance and what type of contract they are willing to put together for you, but if you start with those listed above, you will be able to narrow your choice of pool builders down to those, such as ourselves, who are experts in their field. Give us a call to get started on your dream outdoors.