Fibreglass pools are affordable, easy to install and will provide you and your family many years of healthy fun. But while they typically require far less maintenance than other pools the fact remains they’re not indestructible and do need to have some maintenance performed on them. Some Toronto pool owners are willing to learn the various tasks involved and do this maintenance work themselves, while others see the value in having their fibreglass pool maintained by professionals. In this post we’ll talk about some of the reasons why that’s a good idea.
The Benefits of Professional Maintenance for Fibreglass Pools
You can maintain your fibreglass pool yourself or you can have a pro do it for you. While it may seem like the smart choice to do it yourself that may not actually be the case. Here are some good reasons to leave the maintenance of fibreglass pools to the pros.
- You have better things to do – While you’re busy cleaning the dead bugs, leaves and twigs out of the pool you’re not able to do other things that might actually make you money. Also, if you hire a pro to maintain your pool they will not only clean your pool considerably faster than you can, but 99% of the time they’ll do a better job too.
- Mistakes can be costly – If you use the wrong cleaner you could damage the fibreglass. It may also alter the chemical balance of the pool in a way that is unhealthy for you and may be difficult to rectify. In addition, if you use the wrong brush you could leave long scratches in the fibreglass surface. Your pool maintenance pro will avoid these mistakes.
- Chemicals are a pain – The water in your pool needs to have the proper chemical balance at all times in order to be safe to use. If you get it wrong your beautiful pool will be out of service until chemical order is restored. Why bother? Leave it to the people who do this stuff for a living. They’ll make sure your pool water is always sparkling and ready for swimmers.
- Avoid damage and costly repairs – By keeping the water properly balanced, the pool itself clean and all the supporting machinery, hoses etc operating at peak efficiency your pool will last longer and need fewer repairs. Something as seemingly minor as chronically incorrect chlorine level can do long term damage to the surface and equipment of fibreglass pools.
- No need to store chemicals – If you have young children or pets you need to keep them away from the pool chemicals. It’s also important not to store the chemicals near pool equipment, household or garden tools or the car since chlorine promotes rust in nearby metals. With a professional service the chemicals will come and go with the technician.
- One more thing – This won’t apply to everyone certainly but if you or someone in your home uses the pool for therapeutic purposes (say, they have arthritis and swim as a form of physical therapy) you may be able to deduct not just the cost of the pool but the cost of pool maintenance as well from your taxes.
When you enlist the professionals from Seabreeze Pools to maintain your fibreglass pool you can let go of the uncertainty that comes with most DIY projects and rest easy. You’ll also have your Saturday or Sunday afternoons back to spend doing more productive, profitable or just plain fun things; like swimming in your pool instead of cleaning it. Give us a call to find out how affordable maintenance of fibreglass pools in Toronto can be.